Looking at Improving your SEO
The Guardian has recently published an online article related to getting your website noticed in the Search Engines. Why it’s important and how it can help your business grow. The posting gave a summary of their top five ways you could help improve your websites ranking in the likes of Google and Bing.
Five ways to improve your SEO
- Create great content. Google’s reputation depends on it leading users to high quality sites, so the better and more original your content is, the more Google will like you.
- Get reputable websites to link to you. You can achieve this by gaining a good following and reputation among your customers.
- Write great title tags. Good title tags should be like an interesting newspaper headline but with relevant keywords included.
- Social media is a big part of SEO now and it’s only going to get more important. So if you don’t at least have a Facebook and Twitter page for your business, get on it.
- Make sure your website is optimised for mobile. When someone is searching for something on a mobile device, Google will now promote websites which are mobile friendly ahead of ones that aren’t.
So why has the Internet become so important and why is it imperative you get listed well in Google? In terms of numbers alone, Google currently accounts for 88 % of the UK’s search engine market. It processes an average of over 40,000 global search queries every second, 3.5bn searches per day and 1.2tn searches per year worldwide.
On the web, sole traders can in theory compete with the corporate big boys, so being able to be found, and found easily, among those searches is essential for any firm. It’s this desire to be higher up the Google rankings that has led to the explosion of the search engine optimisation (SEO) industry.
If you would like to know more about how to improve your websites ranking in the major Search engines then why not give Direct improve your SEO a call on 0845 2722350 or visit our Internet Marketing Services website.